These oven roasted Parmesan green beans are both easy to prepare and taste delicious. The roasting gives the green beans a rich flavor, while the Parmesan cheese really compliments this side dish. Green beans pair well with so many meats and fishes, they are perfect for any time you want to make your meal extra special.
Just like my Parmesan cheese encrusted asparagus recipe, these oven roasted green beans are sure to please during the holidays. You probably know a few people who like green bean casserole for Thanksgiving. But on a holiday when you are serving so many other foods, this bean bean side dish is so much lighter, yet still very tasty!
Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans Recipe
1 Pound of fresh green beans
4 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
3 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the ends off the green beans, then wash and dry them.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the green beans, minced garlic and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss them together until the beans are completely coated.
- Next, spread the coated green beans on the lined baking pan, in a single layer.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the green beans from oven, turn them, and return to the oven to continue cooking.
- Continue roasting the green beans for another 10 minutes, or until until they look slightly shriveled and have a bit of browning.
- Once the green beans are roasted, remove them from oven and place the beans on serving tray. Before serving, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.